Congratulations on your purchase and welcome
to Philips! To fully benet from the support that
Philips offers, register your product at |
General description (Fig. 1)
1 Protection cap
2 Shaving heads
3 Shaving unit
4 Hair chamber
5 On/off button
6 Charging light
7 Socket for micro USB plug
8 Wheel of retaining frame
9 Retaining frame
12 Release button
13 Cleaning brush
15 Micro USB plug
16 Storage pouch (PQ288 only)
17 Philips Cleaning Spray (HQ110) (Optional)
Read this user manual carefully before you use the
appliance and save it for future reference.
- Warning: Keep the appliance and the adapter dry.
- This symbol means: Forbidden to clean under a
running tap (Fig. 2).
- The adapter contains a transformer. Do not cut
off the adapter to replace it with another plug,
as this causes a hazardous situation.
- Warning: Do not use this appliance close to a
bathtub, shower or other containers lled with
- This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack
of experience and knowledge, unless they
have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not use the shaver or the adapter if it is
- Only use the adapter supplied to charge the
- If the adapter is damaged, always have it
replaced with one of the original type in order
to avoid a hazard.
- Charge, use and store the shaver at a
temperature between 5°C and 35°C.
- Do not use the shaver in combination with
pre-shave lotions, creams, foams, gels or other
- The adapter transforms 100-240 volts to a safe
low voltage of less than 24 volts.
Compliance with standards
- This Philips appliance complies with all
standards regarding electromagnetic elds
(EMF). If handled properly and according to the
instructions in this user manual, the appliance
is safe to use based on scientic evidence
- This shaver complies with the applicable IEC
Make sure the shaver is switched off when you
start to charge it.
When you charge the shaver for the rst time
or after a long period of non-use, let it charge
12 hours. Charging normally takes approx. 8 hours.
Charge the appliance when the motor stops or
starts running slower.
For optimal performance, only charge the shaver
when the battery is low.
Do not leave the appliance connected to the
mains for more than 24 hours.
1 Put the micro USB plug in the shaver (Fig. 3).
2 Put the adapter in the wall socket.
, The charging light goes on to indicate that
the appliance is charging (Fig. 4).
Note: Charge the shaver for at least 8 hours but not
more than 24 hours.
3 Remove the adapter from the wall socket
and pull the micro USB plug out of the shaver
when the battery is fully charged (Fig. 5).
Note: The shaver does not run from the mains. When
the battery is empty, you have to recharge the battery
before you can use the shaver again.
Cordless shaving time
A fully charged shaver has a cordless shaving time
of approximately 30 minutes.
PQ227, PQ226, PQ225, PQ222
Register your product and get support at