Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips!
To fully benet from the support that Philips offers, register your product at
Read this important information carefully before you use the appliance and
save it for future reference.
- Avoid spillage on the connector
- Do not misuse this kettle for other than its intended
use to avoid potential injury
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the mains cord,
the base or the kettle itself is damaged. If the mains
cord is damaged, you must have it replaced by Philips,
a service centre authorised by Philips or similarly
qualied persons in order to avoid a hazard.
4240 002 00711
Specifications are subject to change without notice
© 2014 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
All rights reserved.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from
8 years and above and by persons with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance in a safe way and if they understand the
hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance
shall not be made by children unless they are older
than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its
cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Keep the mains cord, the base and the kettle away
from hot surfaces.
- Do not place the appliance on an enclosed surface
(e.g. a serving tray), as this could cause water to
accumulate under the appliance, resulting in a
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down before
you clean it. Do not immerse the kettle or base in
water or any other liquid. Only clean the appliance
with a moist cloth and a mild cleaning agent.
- Only connect the appliance to an earthed wall
- Only use the kettle in combination with its original
- The kettle is only intended for heating up and boiling
- Never ll the kettle beyond the maximum level
indication. If the kettle has been overlled, boiling
water may be ejected from the spout and cause
- Be careful: the outside of the kettle and the water in
it become hot during and some time after use. Only
lift the kettle by its handle. Also beware of the hot
steam that comes out of the kettle.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household
and similar applications such as farm houses, bed and
breakfast type environments, staff kitchen areas in
shops, in ofces and in other working environments
and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential
This kettle is equipped with boil-dry protection: it switches off automatically if
you accidentally switch it on with no or not enough water in it. Let the kettle
cool down for 10 minutes and then lift the kettle off its base. Then the kettle
is ready for use again.
Electromagnetic elds (EMF)
This Philips appliance complies with all standards
regarding electromagnetic elds (EMF).
- Always unplug the base before you clean it
- Never immerse the kettle or its base in water.
Cleaning the kettle and the base
Clean the outside of the kettle and the base with a
moistened soft cloth.
Caution: Do not let the moist cloth come into contact with
the cord, the plug and the connector of the base.