- 1 -
Installing a CPU and CPU Cooler
A. Installing an Intel CPU (skip this step if the motherboard has a built-in CPU)
• The sequence of installation may differ depending on the type of case and devices used. The
installation instructions below apply to GIGABYTE's desktop systems and are for reference
• Refer to the user's manual included for detailed motherboard specications.
• Before installing the devices, make sure they are compliant with the connectors on your computer.
• Before installing the devices, be sure to turn off the devices and your computer. Unplug the power cord
from the power outlet to prevent damage to the devices and the system components.
• Place the computer system on a stable surface to prevent improper installation resulted from shaking.
• Type B:
Push lever A (closest to the " " marking) down and away from the socket to release it. Then push
lever B (closest to the " " marking) down and away from the socket and lift it. Gently press lever A to
allow the load plate to rise. Open the load plate.
• Type A:
Lift the CPU socket lever and the metal load plate will be lifted as well.
a. If the protective socket cover is fastened on the CPU socket, remove
b. If the protective socket cover is fastened on the metal load plate, do
not remove it at this stage. The socket cover may pop off from the
load plate automatically during the process of re-engaging the lever
after you insert the CPU.
For detailed instructions on installing the CPU, please refer to the user’s manual.
Lever A Lever B
one corner of the CPU socket (or you may align the CPU notches with the socket alignment keys) and
gently insert the CPU into position.
A-3 Once the CPU is properly inserted, replace the load plate and push the CPU socket lever back into its locked position.
Once the type B is properly inserted, carefully replace the load plate. Then secure lever B under its retention
tab. The socket cover may pop off from the load plate during the process of engaging the lever. Finally,
secure lever A under its retention tab to complete the installation of the CPU.